16 September 2008

Contrary to Elections past...



This is NOT how I feel right about now. In all honesty, we were VERY lucky in my neighborhood. It wasn't fun with no power or water for three days, not to mention the occasional looters. (One more reason I love my AR-15 and my dog!) Here are some more pics of the damage just in my neighborhood alone. I will be able to take more tomorrow when I go to work with a National Guard POD (Point Of Distribution), but here's what I have so far. As I said, while this wasn't fun, I don't regret staying and I'm glad I can still help those who literally have nothing left but a slab where their home was only a few days ago.

May you all be safe & Well!
Angel



(Me waiting in the dark - well , candles, but dark enough!)

(One street over)


(My House)

4 Comments:

Blogger The Griper said...

welcome back, little one. sounds like texas felt the wrath of mother nature.

get the chain saw out, girl. looks like you have a couple cords of fire wood there.

btw how's the arm doing?

9/16/2008 09:05:00 AM  
Blogger Fallen' Angel said...

Already done, Griper. Just waiting for the the debris trucks to come by and clear everything out.
(And I'm still amazed despite all my years in fire/rescue that they even let me *have* a chainsaw* LOL!)
I wondered how my neck and arm would do with all this new harware since the knee I have with pins in it is a very accurte (aching) barometer, but other than some brief numbness in two of my left fingers for two days, there were no painful symptoms. (Adrenaline may have helped there too.)
I will post more pics of the damage as I get out and about to take some.
God Bless,
Angel Out

9/16/2008 11:43:00 AM  
Blogger Average American said...

Welcome back Angel. Looks like your place didn't do tooooo bad. Up here, I'd cut and split that tree for you just to get some heat from the wood. With oil just now going back under $4.00 a gallon, it'll cost me about $4,000 to heat the castle for the winter.

9/17/2008 01:30:00 AM  
Blogger The Griper said...

some one could make a lot of money harvesting all those downed trees

9/17/2008 02:11:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Now...

Shut Up & Jump!