21 March 2006

The Battle of New Orleans

WARNING! If you are easily offended this video clip is NOT for you. If you do decide to watch it, please don't start telling me what a racist I am. Nothing could be further from the truth. If you want to know what I am, then I refer you to a most excellent essay by Bill Whittle from Eject! Eject! Eject! entitled "Tribes"

To summarize one of his quotes, let me say here and now that it's not about skin color for me - it's about Hat color. White hats and Black hats. Anyone of any color, race or creed can be a good
guy in a white hat or a bad guy in a black hat. It comes down to choice, not predisposition.

I worked with many of the folks displaced by Katrina and Rita and I am pleased to say that the majority of them are good people. They are upstanding, law abiding citizens who had been hit with a devastating blow. This is not about them. In fact, those I still keep in touch with who have seen this video have the same initial reaction to it as I did. But then they get mad...not about the parody, but with the fact the the actions of so few brought shame to so many. In my eyes, these "good guys" have nothing to be ashamed about. They were hit with an incredible tragedy and they moved on with their lives with a grace and dignity that we can all aspire to. They refused to be victims, no matter how great their sorrow and loss. Several of them began volunteering with my medical crew just days after they were transported to my city. They are the people who make up the Heart of America and I thank God for for folks like them every single day.

Now that you've been warned, find yourself a nice quiet place away from liberal eyes. (In other words, I wouldn't open this at work.) Now turn up your volume because the lyrics make this little gem the delightful bit of video that it is, and enjoy!

The Battle of New Orleans

6 Comments:

Blogger Fallen' Angel said...

JB, if I didn't think you already had an EIB, I'd say you earned one there. *SMILE*

FA

3/21/2006 11:00:00 PM  
Blogger Bushwack said...

I will check the video out when I get back, I spent some time in N.O helping after Katrina, Pics are on my web site,
http://web.mac.com/bushwack1/
Chck them out... What a mess.

3/22/2006 08:04:00 AM  
Blogger Fallen' Angel said...

Thanks for visiting "Bushwack" and for leaving the link to those great photographs! I enjoyed reading your blog and I commend you and your wife for taking it upon yourselves to DO something in the aftermath of the storm to help the people affected by it. Having "been there and done that," I suspect you know that not everyone was as appreciative of your efforts as some of the folks you helped out, which is what you'll see in this video clip when you get a chance to view it.
Be Safe!
Angel

3/22/2006 11:12:00 AM  
Blogger Bushwack said...

Ok I got back from playing golf and watched the video, I love it and aint it the truth. Its everybody elses fault. Couldn't be partialy their fault huh.... I saw alot of that down there, We were helping a man gut his house, another man walked up and asked for help, I went over to see what he needed, He had been sitting in his front yard every day drinking beer, waiting for someone to do all the work for him. Nothing wrong with the man other than being lazy. I told him sorry I'm helping a man that is helping himself.

3/22/2006 04:54:00 PM  
Blogger Fallen' Angel said...

Bushwack, you are definately my kind of guy! Your response to the beer drinking "gentleman" was perfect and the principles behind it speak for themselves. Your comments are always welcome here and you are officially on my "Must Read" list of blogs from here on out!

Angel

3/22/2006 06:21:00 PM  
Blogger Bushwack said...

Thanks Angel, I have been real busy lately trying to catch up, Thanks again

3/25/2006 09:26:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Now...

Shut Up & Jump!