01 March 2006

Bill Whittle Rocks!

I have yet to post here on one of my favorite writers and this morning I think it's time. Some of you are already quite familiar with Bill Whittle from Eject! Eject! Eject! but if you aren't I can't recommend him enough. I worked with the medical teams that treated the folks coming into the Astrodome after Katrina and I have since been subject to nightly gunfire, gang wars and a murder rate in my town that had doubled since the hurricane relocated some of New Orleans' less desirable folks into my city. I could bitch and moan about it all day long, but no one has summed it up better than Bill in his essay "Tribes"

It's a long essay and you don't want to miss a word. So, grab a cup of coffee and enjoy some of the most brilliant writing you will ever read. While you're there, check out his other essays and if you like them as much as I think you will, buy his book too. It's a compilation of his best work and one that I think EVERY American should read. It will not only restore your hope in our country - it will inspire you to do your part to make that hope grow.

Happy Reading,
Angel

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



Now...

Shut Up & Jump!