30 March 2006

Broken Wings

Gentle Readers I wanted to leave you a quick post to say that I will be away for a while and to ask each of you for your prayers while I am gone.

Tuesday night I learned that my best friend of 12 years has been hospitalized with Acute Myelogenous Leukemia and is now literally in the fight of her life. Multiple chemotherapy treatments have done nothing to slow down the devestating effects of this disease and I can't say more without returning to the perpetual tears that I have finally held at bay for a moment to write this post. Her prognosis is mixed depending on who's giving it but no matter what happens, it is my intention to be with her every step of the way, holding her hand as she has done so many times for me in the years of our friendship.

I will try to post updates when I can, but for now time with her is a gift that I intend to treasure with every breath. I ask all of you to do the same with your loved ones and let them know how precious they are to you every single day. You will never regret those simple gestures, only the times you failed to make them.

Take Care & Be Safe
Angel

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Go do what you need to do.

My prayers are with you.

Semper Fi

4/06/2006 12:18:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know how you feel-my sister is fighting metastatic colon cancer. You have it exactly right,

"I will try to post updates when I can, but for now time with her is a gift that I intend to treasure with every breath. I ask all of you to do the same with your loved ones and let them know how precious they are to you every single day. You will never regret those simple gestures, only the times you failed to make them."

Be there for them, everything else is distraction.

She has a friend indeed, and it makes a difference.

4/26/2006 06:45:00 PM  
Blogger "Frankly Opinionated" said...

Hello Angel:
Your friend needs and deserves a friend like you. your attention to her needs is very important.
Now, just once in awhile, for just a moment or two, even though this is a total immersion thing, both of you need to come up for air. Yesterday, I was thinking of you both as I talked to the wife of a neighbor. She just did massive Chemo and Radiation for some sort of the big "C". Small things not noticed were: 1. She did this in Birmingham Ala, far north of her Fla panhandle home. 2. She was not able financially to have her husband cease working to be up there with her, and 3. She has a fantastic friend who lives right near the Hospital, and had her stay there with her.
She made my face hurt telling me how they "fashioned" her hair, trying to cut it before it all fell out. Her expression, voice and ENERGY had me laughing too hard. She is in remission, and finally back home.
Take a deep breath, tell a good joke, give a hug, and dive back in!
You're in my thoughts, and prayers.
nuf sed

5/18/2006 07:30:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Now...

Shut Up & Jump!