08 November 2006

The 8th of November



If you don't know the story, you will after watching this video.
And you will shed a tear.
My dear friend "Lap" was a member of the 173rd AIRBORNE.
(AKA: THE HERD)
He is in the picture shown above.
He came to 'Nam after this battle, but it was he who first taught me what it means to be a Paratrooper.
Were it not for him and a few others, I would not have known the kind of man my biological Father was, and that I am more like him than I ever hoped to be.
Paratroopers really do take care of their own!
GOD BLESS THE SKY SOLDIERS!
ALL THE WAY!
**If anyone recognizes themselves or anyone they know, please contact me here. Other than my friend, we have been unble to find anyone else in his platoon. I know "Lap" would love to find his old brothers in arms.**

2 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

Love your site. Very cool! I enjoyed this post. Though I never had to serve in combat, I served...and was willing to rise to whatever call my country offered. I linked your site to mine - hope that's OK. If not, just let me know and I'll drop the link.

1/29/2007 08:50:00 PM  
Blogger Fallen' Angel said...

Thank you Chris! Checked out your blog and loved it, so expect a link to you in my sidebar as soon as I have time to make the graphic.
Angel

1/30/2007 10:40:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Now...

Shut Up & Jump!