15 November 2006

Windows 2006


Ever notice how the word "wind" is in the word"window?"

Apparently, I'd forgotten this bit of linguistics and the Weather Gods thought a reminder was in order.

This isn't MY window in the photograph.

I can't show you MY window because it's not there anymore... a large pine tree took it's place this afternoon while I was standing about 6 feet from it. (You have my full attention, God...Thanks for stopping by!)

I did, however, take pictures of the remains of MY window with the 36ft tree limb still in it's new home, which I'll post as soon as I get them back.

And if you're laughing at my implication of God's presence during this little adventure, understand that a floor to ceiling plate glass window is what I was standing near and that the tree limb hit with enough force to rip out the frame, as well as launch ALL the glass through the air like flechette munitions...and I don't have a scratch on me!

A Grateful Angel Out!

3 Comments:

Blogger "Frankly Opinionated" said...

Good Grief Girl:
You got lucky! Now that the fear of GOD has been re-instilled within you; do ya have insurance? On the house, I mean. Yesterday I wasn't so fortunate- It was my own doing, not that of the Big Guy upstairs. As a result, today I am typing with the "Hunt n Peck" method. Learned typing in high school back in, (oh s#it, dating my ol' self), 56 or so; but I disabled my left hand yesterday. ( I am left-handed- but right winged), when I did what I have taught many others not to do: When something is falling, do not try to stop it, LET IT FALL! You know thosw wood blocks with the slots to keep your knives in on the countertop? I just got a used one, nice looking, (I do wood), and stocked it with my VERY sharp knives and put it on the refrigerator. Then move a wall decoration, an oar, and hit it knocking it off. Dummy, that would be me, reached up to stop it. Wrong move. Deep cuts on two fingers. Not pretty slices, but "flap" cuts, one the size of a postage stamp. The moral of the story- LET IT FALL!
Stoopid, really stoopid
Anyway, Angel, glad yer alright.
nuf sed

11/16/2006 06:51:00 AM  
Blogger Fallen' Angel said...

~Frankie~ OUCH! Glad you still have all your fingers!
As for insurance, yes, I have it, BUT, as stated in all the post-"Katrina" court rulings: "wind damage" is not covered unless specifically stated in a policy. Well, it *does* state that in mine, right before it mentions the $2000.00 deductable that goes with it. So, unless I buy the new window from the Vatican...

11/16/2006 09:16:00 AM  
Blogger "Frankly Opinionated" said...

Angel:
Be very careful in dealing with the Vatican. Oh, that's right, you are an adult female, and not an alter boy. Go ahead, my mistake.
nuf sed

11/16/2006 06:52:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Now...

Shut Up & Jump!