16 November 2006

"You'll shoot your eye out!"

That infamous movie line is the latest battle cry (ok, in this case it's more like whining) coming from the Massachusetts Legislature, whose state motto is, ironically enough, "By the sword we seek peace, but peace only under liberty."
Apparently swords are acceptable, but BB Guns are out of the question.
In their endless attempts to save you from yourselves, those "socially conscious" folks have decided to "make New England an area free of pellet guns and BB guns," complete with a buy back program for those who dared to own such an evil product.
(Yes, I'm serious.)
The Fast Squirrel has the details as part his new blog series, which can be found under the very appropriate title: "Consequences."
And if you have plans to visit this "fair"state in the future, don't even THINK ABOUT licking a flagpole in December!

3 Comments:

Blogger "Frankly Opinionated" said...

Angel:
What would one expect from the state of the Kerrys, Kennedys and other Kooks? Taxachaussetts is about as far out as the Cereal State, the land of fruits, flakes and nuts. Way back when I used to run trucks cross-country, I would load on the left coast, and haul to the markets in the Beantown. From Wierd to WTF!, with a lot of true beauty in between. Talk about your extremes............. I have taken a vow to deprive my eyes of either of them ever again. BB guns,,,,WTF! Over?
nuf sed

11/16/2006 07:01:00 PM  
Blogger Fallen' Angel said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

11/17/2006 01:43:00 AM  
Blogger Fallen' Angel said...

Ahh..."WTFO?"

Quite possibly my favorite acronym, (and Lord knows there's plenty to choose from,) in the US Military.

As I confessed over on Squirrel's blog, I was *born* in Beantown - lived there for 9 years. I attribute most of the problems in my life to those conditions. Seeing as how the liberals there ALL KNOW that you can't possibly excel in life without a fairy-tale childhood, I thought they'd be pleased with my assessment. (But Hell, even *I* was allowed to have a BB Gun there way back then!)

11/17/2006 01:46:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Now...

Shut Up & Jump!