26 December 2006

Dear God,

I know you're listening and I need your help keeping a promise.

I'm really beginning to realize just how blessed my family is to have all of our deployed members accounted for. I wish I could say the same about my friends, but I made them a promise a long time ago, the same one I made my family...to keep writing, emailing and sending care packages to them, to those I've "adopted" and to encourage others to do the same -- NOT to waste time and energy in endless worry and speculation, but to consider them alive and well until officially informed otherwise.
And I'm trying God, I really am...but right now I AM worried and speculating and crying and doing everything I swore I wouldn't do. And since this seems to be a fine time for confessions, I'm also wishing that everything in"that" area, plus a few others save for Isreal, becomes one giant glass parking lot, courtesy of the US Air Force. I'll even volunteer to go in and paint the pretty yellow lines before the geiger counters stop screaming.
Yes, I know it's wrong, not to mention unrealistic, but that's why I'm talking to you.

But before you get to me, God, please look after our troops everywhere and help their families to be strong....especially this one:

Local Marine killed in Al Anbar on Christmas Eve

Amen

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



Now...

Shut Up & Jump!