18 December 2006

Fortune Favors The Brave


A long time ago, in a country full of mountains and poppy plants, I adopted three Marines. I am proud to say that we are still in touch over a year later and that what began as three "adoptees" became a full platoon. Fortune really DOES favor the brave becasuse all the reservations I had about adopting roughly 19 Marines were more than overpowered by their overwhelming appreciation and the sheer joy of knowing that I might have made them smile on an otherwise rough day.

They deployed to a new country full of IED's, invisible AP sources and CNN embeded reporters, (more commonly known as treasonous cowards here at home,) and they are fighting the good fight.

I have watched some of these Marines grow from the greenest of kids into the finest of warriors - and they are by no means done. If you've never adopted just one Soldier, Sailor, Airman or Marine, then you are missing out on something truly special.

I encourage you to visit Soldier's Angels and Any Soldier and commit to adopting a member of our Armed Forces. You will never be more appreciated and you will be reminding those risking their lives for us that you too are greatful for their service.

If I can adopt a platoon...surely YOU can adopt just one!

(Unless of course, you work for CNN.)

6 Comments:

Blogger "Frankly Opinionated" said...

Thanks Angel, for your service. I have been "deployed" very long ago, but can remember vividly what contact at home meant to me. I am working on a design for yer guys and I will do my best to see that it will be "just what you want".
nuf sed

12/18/2006 09:11:00 PM  
Blogger Fallen' Angel said...

Frankie, I can't thank you enough for the designs you have already created for my sky soldier and pathfinder friends.

I know what ever you come up with for my Marines will be perfect.

Be forewarned that all 19 of them will know about the amazing artist who created them for me so you may have a few new pen pals as your designs are displayed around the "sandbox."

12/18/2006 10:56:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

SA is the best thing I have ever done. Cudo's to you for taking on a whole platoon! I've got 3 right now and they are the absolute BEST.

12/18/2006 11:44:00 PM  
Blogger Fallen' Angel said...

Mary'Ann,
Gotta agree with you 100% about SA. They are nothing shy of AMAZING when you look at what they do for service members and their families.
I know just how you feel about your three "adoptees" - those guys and gals are my heros.
As for taking on a whole platoon, they actually warn you at "Any Soldier" that adopting is addictive and as you know...it's a GOOD addiction to have.

(As I read this again I realized that my "taking on a whole platoon" could be taken the wrong way...as in another kind of female popular with sailors and marines. LOL!)

12/20/2006 05:35:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ooh, didn't think about that. You knew what I meant and I knew what you meant and anyone thinking anything else...well you should be ashamed! ;-)

12/24/2006 09:59:00 PM  
Blogger Fallen' Angel said...

I've said it that way more than once mary*ann, so don't worry.

I KNOW I've been called far worse things than that...the word "liberal" comes to mind. :)

12/25/2006 05:48:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Now...

Shut Up & Jump!