11 January 2007

Yeah...that'll happen!

FDNY FIREFIGHTERS ORDERED TO REMOVE ALL FLAGS , MASS CARDS, PICTURES OF COLLEAGUES & FAMILY MEMBERS KILLED ON SEPTEMBER 11TH, AND ANY "OTHER" PERSONAL DECORATIONS IN STATIONS ANS LOCKERS.
Ok kids, you know what I am and you know what I do, (and if you don't, my outrage over this is a BIG hint,) so I hope you'll excuse me when I call BULLSHIT on this one as loudly as I possibly can.
Now, supposedly FDNY's Engine Co. 230 was busted for having a "sexually explicit" slogan posted somewhere in their station and that led to this anti-decoraion crap. Well then, as THE female on Ladder 23, in a department far, far away...(what, you think FDNY had a sexually explicit slogan involving naked GUYS? The F*** outta here!)...I'm here to tell you that we, the women of the firefighting world, have seen it all, heard it all and quite possibly done it all ourselves by now! If we were the "easily offended" type, do you really think firemen would be our first choice in colleagues? (Yet they ARE, which SHOULD tell you something right there!) Where the hell do you get off using US as an excuse to pay legal for their CYA games? No one who ever wanted to be here pulls the "But I'm a girl" crap - Ever!

And good luck getting those flags down...maybe you can ask the Port Authority Police for help?

And just for the record, suppose a Firefighter has a tatto with flags and...stuff? Gonna make her, I mean them, take THAT off too?

'Cuz we can give the paramedics a head start, if you like.
(Just TWO of My "sexist" locker decorations.)



1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

And people ask me where I get the fodder for "Frankly Opinionated" designs. What a bunch of knotheads. Is the FDNY commissioner "from the ranks"? Gonna spend a lot of time in my Photoshop today. Y'all got any suggestions for designs to combat this. I'm thinking of a mug that lets the commish know what they think. Also need more bumperstickers.
gotta go, nuf sed

1/11/2007 07:05:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Now...

Shut Up & Jump!