15 January 2007

WTF Google?

I wish I could recall where I first read that Google refused to "decorate" their logo for Veteran's Day on the grounds that they like their logo to look "playful"and they could find no way to do this with the subject in question.
Come on guys, you're GOOGLE for goodness sakes! You can do better than that!

Where am I going with this? I'm simply noting that while Veteran's Day isn't worthy of Google's recognition or creativity, (and they have the latter in abundance,) it seems that many others are worth going all out for. Anyone care to guess what made the cut on today's logo? (hint -MLK)I'm NOT knocking the man, his amazing accomplishments, the day designated in his honor or the fact that Google chose to acknowledge it - that's a good call.
What I AM furious about is the fact that Veteran's day doesn't merit the same!
Google, it's time to get your S*** and your design team together!

NOTE: I checked ALL past Google logos since 1999 and I'll give them credit for The 4th of July. I realize that these logos are tailored for various countries but if Earth Day, Burning Man/Winter Solstice, National Women's Day and my personal favorite: World Water Day merits a special logo, than Veteran's Day damn well does too!


2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Angel, I wrote to Google last Memorial Day...got a doublespeak answer back. Suspect what they were trying not to say was that they were a "global" company...not an American company. They censor for the Chinese...too bad they don't feel motivated to thank the country that made their success possible.

1/15/2007 10:45:00 PM  
Blogger Fallen' Angel said...

Amen Mary*Ann! I did the same letter writing this past Veteran's Day and got a simiar response. I commend them for coming up with logos for the various countries that use google, but if they're so concerned with equality for all, how come the USA and the UK are left out on Veteran's Day and Rememberance Day? It's a shame that such creative Americans are this stupid!

1/15/2007 11:47:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Now...

Shut Up & Jump!