16 February 2007

Long Live The King!

"If the Infantry is the Queen of Battle then who's the King?"

(Incoming!)

I was 5 or 6 the first time I posed this question to my Dad and thus continued my education in the Military Sciences including some live fire artillery exercises that I begged for months to watch.
As a kid, it was the most incredible thing I'd ever seen felt or heard and it's still pretty high up on that list.
Mom did NOT approve at all and I'm sure she was starting to wonder if someone gave her the wrong baby when they adopted me. She had specifically waited for a baby girl to take home and I wanted nothing to do with that plan.
Dad, meanwhile, had more than a wannabe son. He had a little girl who hero-worshiped him as only a daughter can who also liked to watch (or assist) things blowing up.
Father and son soap box races? That's nice.
We made father and daughter daisy chains...out of trainer claymores.
Which is probably why I nearly fell out of my chair when NOTAR at ROFASIX made this suggestion for that extra edge in residntial security. Good thing I also have a dog as he also suggested, because once the idea was there - I couldn't stop mentally re-arranging my mine field.
Sick and twisted? Perhaps...
With that in mind, here's the King himself doing some of his best work for the camera and the idiots holding it...Enjoy!

US Artiliary Up Close & Personal!


2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Counter battery fire! Love it! It takes only seconds for the system to provide a 10 digit coordinate of the point of origin.

The 120's responding do a good job too. I kept wanting to yell. "FFE guys!" My only regret was that they didn't have a section fire, one tube just ain't near as much fun.

I am surprised the terrorists posted this one. It shows the good guys kickin' butt.

How about emailing me how you posted/hosted this video?

2/16/2007 09:46:00 PM  
Blogger Fallen' Angel said...

NOTR - I think our guys actually got a hold of the video awhile after the incident. Checking now to see if that's true.
Thanks for explaining what I was looking at. Had a general idea, but nothing that detailed.
Got the player sized and the auto-play turned off-finally!
Email has been sent. :)

2/17/2007 09:00:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Now...

Shut Up & Jump!