30 November 2007

Just when you think you've heard it all...

When my Mother passed away years ago, although I was barely 20, I remember making a mental list of all the stupid things people said in their attempts to make me feel better. (My theory is that these little gems were actually to make them feel better, but in either case, I decided that I would NEVER say anything like if the situation were reversed.)

Well folks, it's time for a new list. Since my beloved has left the country, it seems nearly everyone I know has been compelled to share their thoughts with me on his deployment. There are exceptions of course, but some of the things the majority have been compelled to share are nothing shy of pure stupidity.

My personal favorite is the man who told me that I should start preparing myself for my Soldier's impending death. It took every bit of self control not to bring the same to him. (Minus the prep time.)

Nice huh???

Now, I understand that shit happens...its happened to him a time or two already. But I trust his instincts and abilities like few I have ever known. With 24+ years in service, he's an AIRBORNE Ranger, Pathfinder, Master Parachutist, HALO/HAHO, Air Assault Instructor, plus a few dozen other schools/awards that I couldn't even begin to name. In other words, he can kick some serious ass..

I should know, I even watch MY mouth around him...and that's a first for this gal!

So for those of you with your worthless, uneducated "helpful" opinions - I leave you with this...



2 Comments:

Blogger HollyB said...

What an ASSHAT! If anyone ever deserved a swift kick in the nether regions, he certainly did. I think you showed the patience of a Saint, Angel [yuk,yuk] in not giving him what he had earned!

On a lighter note...I'm gonna do a sappy Dawg blog this weekend, so come visit by tomorrow for some cute doggie pix.

12/01/2007 09:05:00 AM  
Blogger Fallen' Angel said...

Holly - believe me it took all the strength & discipline I had not deliver that "swift kick!"
I can't wait to see your doggie pix so it will be the first Blog I visit tomorrow.
Be Safe,
Angel

12/01/2007 01:59:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Now...

Shut Up & Jump!