21 November 2007

A Lesson In Leaving

Pretty much anyone who knows me is acutely aware that one of my missions in life involves being a more-than-enthusiastic cheerleader for the GWOT. I've had family and friends deploy numerous times on various fronts and have always stood my ground (rather loudly) when it comes to my belief that their cause is a just one and that those who take up arms in it's name are the finest of men and women I will ever know. I have never let them see me worry, cry or act in any manner other than that of one who knows that her emotions are child's play compared to what they are dealing with on a daily basis. I have always said that those of us at home HAVE TO be strong for those going off to fight. We owe them that at the very least, right

Well, earlier this week, I had to put my money where my mouth is when I said goodbye to my significant other as he prepares to depart on a 15 month deployment in the land of sand.
15 months...
That's two Christmas mornings, two birthdays and two people who won't be together for either of them.
15 months of scanning DOD releases, waiting, wondering, and praying
Lots and lots of praying.
I've never been one to break a promise and as such, I wouldn't be involved with someone who would, so we struck a deal:
I promised not to cry. (at least not in front of him.)
He promised to come home to me.
I didn't.
He will.
Charlie Mike...

2 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

Angel,
It's nice to see you back. Keep praying. Hold on to the promises. Charlie Mike.
c

11/22/2007 08:25:00 PM  
Blogger Fallen' Angel said...

Thanks, Chris...I'm hanging in there.

11/24/2007 01:30:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Now...

Shut Up & Jump!