22 January 2008

And what did you learn in school today, Angel?

Well, thanks to NOTR at ROFASIX, I learned a little something about airframe construction and airframe failure.
I re-learned what a longeron is...used to have that buried in the memory banks someplace so it was nice to have it back again...and I learned what happens when they fail.
Most importantly, I got a great refresher course on something I already believe to be true: When the various members of our Military involved in aviation come to us, the tax payers, practically begging for better aircraft and the bigger budgets required to build and maintain them...they aren't crying wolf. They know all to well what the stakes are if they don't start upgrading their birds.
And it was all summed up in an excellent video presentation of a catastrophic F-15 incident that should have ended badly for the pilot...but didn't.

That's my kind of teacher! Go check him out and see for yourself.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah shucks lady, you make an ol' man blush.

1/24/2008 09:56:00 PM  
Blogger Fallen' Angel said...

I made a PILOT blush???
There should be some kind of medal for that! LOL!

1/26/2008 06:19:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Now...

Shut Up & Jump!