25 March 2008

I think I like this guy...and I like politicians less than I do reporters.

I don't sing the praises of many politicians, but after reading the following letter and visiting the Congressman's website and blog, I have to say I was impressed, especially when compared with some of the other pitiful attempts to get votes lately. I'm not asking you to take my word for it, but I am asking you to visit his site and blog and see for yourself. He not only has solutions in mind, he has an entire section dedicated to YOUR opinions on how well they will work for you personally. Again, I'm NOT endorsing or stumping for anyone, but I think this man is worth taking a look at.




Dear Friend,
Before adjourning for recess, House Democrats passed the largest tax-hike in American history; a rate hike that will soak an average of $3,120 from every family. In an economy reeling from a slowing housing and job market, this is a burden that American families and small business owners simply cannot afford.

Let's be clear: This Democrat tax hike raises the tax burden of every American, particularly the middle-class. Their budget, which they voted to pass this week, includes the following tax assumptions:


~ Raises the current "10 percent tax bracket" to 15 percent. This would increase the burden on all American taxpayers, especially the lowest income earners.
~ Implements an across-the-board increase on marginal income tax rates.
~ Reinstates the marriage penalty. Approximately 23 million married couples would be affected.
~ Slashes the $1,000 per-child tax credit in half.
~ Increases the tax on dividends, which often supplement the income of senior citizens relying on Social Security.
~ Reinstates the death tax, which is considered the largest impediment to transferring family-owned businesses from one generation to the next.


The consequences are chilling for ordinary Americans. Democrat strategists believe that by hiding these assumptions in a larger budget, the American people won't hold them accountable over the resulting tax hikes. Fortunately, the legislative struggle is not yet over and it is not too late to prevent their plan from succeeding.
House Republicans will fight against these tax hikes at every opportunity; we must not allow tax hikes to plunge this economy into recession and chase jobs away. I'd like to hear what you have to say about the House Democrats' plan to raise your taxes, please click here to visit my blog and leave your comments on the situation.
It is time to get Washington working again: Working on common-sense solutions to the problems facing people's everyday lives, rather than adding to those problems by imposing a heavier tax burden. Now, more than ever, we need a fiscal policy that spurs job growth and investment to create good middle-class jobs and brighter economic days.

Regards,


Eric Cantor

United States Congressman

H/T Frankly Opinionated

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, democrats will raise taxes, but republicans are wasting public funds. See Iraq.

Plz, don't be so narrow-minded. Who are you trying to convince?

5/15/2008 04:13:00 PM  
Blogger Fallen' Angel said...

First of all, I am not trying to convince anyone. I don't have to. The Democrats are doing a fine job of showing what they're made of all by themselves.
Secondly, don't you dare tell me to "see Iraq" as a waste of funds when my own boy friend in there on his 6th tour. He does not fight from behind a desk. He fights in sewage ditches, mud and sand storms. He has survived 3 IED explosions, with the scars to prove it. You will never convince me that money to get him and his men the equipment they need is a misuse of public funds. You do NOT want to get into that debate with me. I'm willing to bet you have never done a thing in service of this country and that your complaint stems your imagined entitlement suddenly being cut off. And if you still care to debate the misuse of public funds try reading more than one post in my blog and you would know that I am taking care of a terminally ill parent alone with no help from the government or social programs which I admit are grossly under funded - just as they were *before* the war. But, I am making it work. And the next time you care to leave a comment, have the balls to announce who you are. It may take away from the coward stigma surrounding folks like you.
(And to further your education, "narrow minded" is two words, not one.
Angel

5/16/2008 06:12:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Now...

Shut Up & Jump!