19 April 2008

Warriors...in their own words. Courtesy of ROFASIX

I warn you all now, make sure some Kleenex is in close proximity before you visit this link.
I wish I could claim to have found this on my own, but 100% of the credit belongs to a blogger friend of mine, NOTR, at ROFASIX. In addition to being an exceptional writer, he is one Hell of a pilot. If it's a rotary aircraft he's probably flown it and if he hasn't, it's because it's not in the US arsenal, (though he's probably flown a few of those "others" too.) If it flies at all, he's probably forgotten more about it than some pilots will ever learn.
But above all that, he is a Great man and a Great American which is why I'm making a point of sending you his way - you won't regret it.
His was the third blog that made my daily "must read" list long before I created my own, and if you haven't visited him before, please do. He's a thinking man's man, like many of you folks. (I'm using that as a genderless term, so take no offense Ladies, you'll like him too.)
Yesterday he posted this link: "WARRIORS." It will lead you to a site with an incredible video clip of a current film in production and the story behind it's origins. You will not soon forget what you see. In fact, if more people saw it and remembered, we would not be living as the divided Country we seem to be. That's my humble opinion anyway.
I could be nice and give you the direct link to the movie clip and the site itself, but as my guy, the 1SG, will be happy to tell you in a quote he stole from another movie, "Michael,"...

I'm not that kind of Angel. ;)

Remember what I said about that Kleenex and as NOTR suggests take a moment to explore the site. It may be small but it speaks volumes.

Angel Out

h/t - NOTR at ROFASIX

8 Comments:

Blogger Beth said...

Very touching, thank God for the warriors! I wish as you said all could see it and our country might not be divided, but I'm not sure even hearing it in their own words that some would believe their message.

4/21/2008 12:51:00 PM  
Blogger Fallen' Angel said...

This clip hit me really hard...right at center of the heart where it hurts and yet still inspires you all at once. What really got me were the wounded OIF/OEF guys. Where did they most long to be? Back fighting with their men! It didn't matter if they were TBA'S, (Traumatic Brain Injury Survivors,) missing a few limbs or totally and forver blind. They all held the to the same Warrior Ethos. They wanted to finish the job.
But sadly, Beth, I agree that some of their own Countrymen, could look at them face to face and and not mearly disbelieve, but tell them they were at fault and their sacrifices were made in vain. I will NEVER understand such ungreatful Americans. Even if they are shielded by the fog of ignorance...they are still Americans, and should conduct themselves accordingly when men such as those in the video are dying in defense of, among other things, thier right to remian seditious and ignorant.

4/22/2008 02:34:00 AM  
Blogger Average American said...

Hi Angel! I got a whole day off!
That was a touching clip, thank you for sharing it. I sure hope America keeps on producing warriors of such quality! Your blogging seems to have dropped off lately, are you as busy as I have been these days? Nice to see your words again.

Joe

4/28/2008 03:47:00 AM  
Blogger Fallen' Angel said...

Thanks, Joe. Glad you got a day off, I know you need one after that many long hours. I have been busy but not with anything nearly as "fun" as work. Taking care of Dad is taking it's tole on me and I'm in the process of trying to get affordable, qualified and trustworthy help with that. (Which isn't easy since he doesn't qualify for medicaid or other programs like it - if he did I could get all the help I could stand and then some. No irony there. LOL!)

4/28/2008 09:52:00 AM  
Blogger Beth said...

I will keep you and your Dad in my prayers, Angel, hoping you find the help that is right for both of you.

4/28/2008 04:00:00 PM  
Blogger Fallen' Angel said...

Thank you, Beth. I did get some help today on where to inquire about the kind of care we need and I have no doubt that your prayers along with those of others in my life led me in that direction.
Thanks for caring,
Angel

4/29/2008 04:51:00 PM  
Blogger Beth said...

Thinking of you today Angel and hoping things are going well for you and your dad.

5/11/2008 08:53:00 PM  
Blogger Fallen' Angel said...

Thanks Beth. I really appreciate that.
Things are coming together slowly as I figure out how to navigate the medical/legal/insurance maze, but I'm getting there. I'll be posting soon.
Angel

5/16/2008 02:59:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Now...

Shut Up & Jump!