23 July 2008

Well, Hello Dolly!

You know, it's not every day a gal gets a hurricane for her birthday.
Thankfully, this is a Cat 1 storm that isn't expected to do much damage, especially in my neck of the woods. The outer bands have been hitting here all night and it's the kind of rain that makes you want to stay under the covers all day if it wasn't for that darned lightening illuminating everything in the cozy solitude of your bedroom.
So...Hello Dolly and thanks for an early start to my 38th year on this lovely planet.
I wouldn't trade a moment of it, even if I do complain a bit.
After all...I can sleep when I'm dead.
And I am most definitely *NOT* that tired.

8 Comments:

Blogger The Griper said...

he chuckles, impishly as he whispers,"but wouldn't the girl prefer a himicane for her birthday? one that would storm through her door as a lightenin bolt streaks thru the sky above, pick her up in the whirlwind of his arms, rain kisses all over her, then with a thundering voice say, "Happy Birthday"?.

won't say what she'd get as a birthday present but she has her own imagination. that would up to her to envision. but i think she'd find herself in the eye of the storm. lol

7/24/2008 05:30:00 AM  
Blogger Fallen' Angel said...

Dead center, Griper....dead center.
;)

7/24/2008 09:42:00 AM  
Blogger The Griper said...

what day is the day of celebration?

7/24/2008 10:40:00 AM  
Blogger Fallen' Angel said...

I was born on July 23rd 1970. I did get an email from my 1SG in Iraq, who was convinced I was born June 22. That along with just being alive and well is enough for me. Especially when one considers the alternaive.

7/24/2008 08:43:00 PM  
Blogger Average American said...

Happy BD Angel. Why you're just a spring chicken! I can barely remember 38. August 22, I will turn ?0 years young. Glad you can start "spreading your wings" more now. Don't overdue it though.

Joe

7/24/2008 09:27:00 PM  
Blogger Fallen' Angel said...

Thanks, Joe...although I have to tell you how difficult it is for a gal like me *not* to push it too far. LOL!

7/24/2008 09:51:00 PM  
Blogger Beth said...

So Mother Nature gave you a great big present for your birthday, huh?

Next year maybe she could be a little more subtle.

7/25/2008 12:07:00 AM  
Blogger Fallen' Angel said...

Beth, you may be the first person to ever use the word "subtle" in any discussion related to me! ;)

7/25/2008 06:06:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Now...

Shut Up & Jump!