13 July 2008

Wish I'd Writen These...

I'm awake in the wee hours lately since a simple turn of my head in my sleep that never woke me before now ensures I won't be returning to bed anytime soon. So, I was catching up on some of my favorite blogs when I stumbled across these little gems. Since I *am* a woman who's been known to have a less than docile temperament at times *and* I am half Scots-Irish, (Hence the temperament,) I loved these letters I found at BLACKFIVE.
The first one entitled "THE IRISH WONDER WHY WE ARE EVEN VOTING" is not only funny as Hell...like all good humour, there's more than a kernel of truth to it.
An email from Ireland to our brethren in the States...a point to ponder despite your political affiliation:
'We, in Ireland, can't figure out why people are even bothering to hold an election in the United States.
On one side, you have a pants wearing lawyer, married to a lawyer who can't keep his pants on, who just lost a long and heated primary against a lawyer who goes to the wrong church who is married to yet another lawyer who doesn't even like the country her husband wants to run.
Then...you have a nice old war hero whose name starts with the appropriate "Mc terminology," married to a good looking younger woman who owns a beer distributorship.
What in Lord's name are ye lads thinking over there in the colonies??
Sincerely,
Tony from Ireland
Now this next one is written by a housewife in New Jersey. She is one ticked off lady!
I thoroughly agree with her every word, but I have a special appreciation for her blatant refusal to sugarcoat or pull punches in her writings for the mere sake of being ladylike and polite. I really like her style. Check her out at BLACKFIVE through the link below and I bet you will too.
Just a helpful hint: Her letter is directly below the Irish Letter so you'll need to scroll down a bit to read it.
Enjoy!
Angel Out

2 Comments:

Blogger The Griper said...

would hate to be her husband as he walked through the door from work if she was that mad. lol

7/15/2008 07:01:00 AM  
Blogger Fallen' Angel said...

I'd hate to be her house plants! LOL!

7/20/2008 05:38:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Now...

Shut Up & Jump!