16 September 2008

More IKE Picks

If you really want to see the spectacular stuff YouTube has some amazing videos of the eye wall coming in. Since I'm smart enough NOT to be outside during that event, I didn't take any picks or videos. But here is what else I do have for those who care to see... (Facade of strip center near my home ripped off) (Kinda speaks for itself)

(more tree damage one street over)

(What's left of my bank's sign)



(Just another tree) (Someone will be doing fence repair!)

(Down power line - NOT active)
That's it for now folks, if I get anymore good pics I'll post 'em for you.
Be Safe & Count Your Blessings!
Angel Out!

6 Comments:

Blogger Beth said...

Glad to see you posting again and to know you are safe. Amazing pictures! On Sunday we had the remnants of Ike with just the winds gusting at 60 mph and had many branches down and power outages, but all I could think was about how in Texas the wind was twice as bad, for much longer a time.

9/17/2008 07:17:00 AM  
Blogger The Griper said...

from what i hear, beth, texas always does things big. guess that applies to disasters too. lol

9/17/2008 02:04:00 PM  
Blogger Fallen' Angel said...

Thanks for thinkng of us Beth. It was nice to put what I've learned about disaster/survival training into practice instead of theory, and I'm pround to say I learned my lessons well :)
Glad y'all came through ok as well.
God Bless,
Angel Out

9/17/2008 08:14:00 PM  
Blogger Fallen' Angel said...

Easy Griper...we pride outselves on that! LOL!

9/17/2008 08:15:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Weee ...

Tween my daughter and my favorite blogger enduring Ike, I am relieved to see ya posting again. My girls zip (77025) just got powered up a couple of days ago.

Seems like a hurricane just about fits in nicely with the road you've had to tread this last year.

And you're right ... having a loving wup and a AR close at hand makes it all doable.

9/24/2008 08:45:00 AM  
Blogger Fallen' Angel said...

NOTR, I'm glad your daughter came through the storm without too much trouble.
And yes, the AR is a *fine* anti-looter weapon. LOL!

9/26/2008 07:14:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Now...

Shut Up & Jump!